Saturday, July 21, 2007

Like Steve McQueen, all I need's a fast machine!

July 21, 2007 - Lady and Gentlemen, start your engines! Today was my racetrack debut at the IndyCar qualifying at Mid-Ohio. Oh what fun! Grandpa came down for the race too. We had lunch on the hill while the cars qualified and even went into the Paddock to see Rebecca's daddy in his Acura gear!

Here's grandpa, dad and I standing near the bridge watching Danica qualify. Do you like my pink "earmuffins"?!?

Faster Dario!


But my favorite thing was building my own Lowe's ALMS car! Here's mom and I putting it together. Do you think I'll have a career as a race car engineer? I think I'll just drive and leave the engineering to mom and dad...

Here's the finished product:



Can we go to the racetrack again soon, daddy?!?