Saturday, June 28, 2008

Meet Virginia

June 28, 2008 - It's vacation time! Dad's work was shut down this whole week so we made the best of it and headed to a "real beach" - as dad calls it - Virginia Beach. Right outside our hotel with the beach!


I'm still not a big fan of the waves, and the Atlantic Ocean waves are BIG! So, we made sure to hit the pool. Here's me perfecting my Cannonball.
Step 1 - Bend at the knees.


Step 2 - Jump as far as you can.


Step 3 - Get rewarded with Chocolate Ice Cream!


The Boardwalk on the Beach also had Surreys for rent and after a little coaxing, I got the courage to get on. "Chicks and Ducks and Geese better scurry, when I take you out in my surrey, when I take you out in my surrey with the fringe on top!" You sing!


One night while strolling on the boardwalk we found some art so we stopped for a photo-op.




I fell in love with the smiley face and had to give him a kiss every night.


We also visited the Virginia Aquarium and saw lots of fish.



McKenna Cousteau diving deep.


Our last night found us at Neptune's Park enjoying another free concert.

Bye sand. I'll miss you... But we promise to be back soon!

No comments: